The Home Office has published:
– Frequently asked questions on the barred and advisory lists; and
– Amended Home Office guidance on police misconduct.
The Home Office states that the changes include:
– further guidance on the regulations for former officers including whether they apply to cases of misconduct taken under Conduct Regulations issued prior to 2012
– clarification that police staff members who are under local probationary rules equivalent to Regulation 13 of Police Regulations 2003 will not be included on the barred list
– triggers and process for the advisory list have been made clearer and explanation of the process of automatic removal from the advisory list which exists for designated volunteers.